Donald P. Kratz, MD, FACOG
About Donald P. Kratz, MD, FACOG
Dr. Kratz has a practice emphasis in minimally invasive gynecology. He is the first accredited and charter member of the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgeons (AIMIS) in the state of Missouri. In short, his philosophy is to be as conservative as possible when addressing gynecology problems, and use surgery only as the last option. Outpatient hysteroscopic and laparoscopic procedures can often correct gynecology problems without hysterectomy. When hysterectomy is needed, laparoscopic approaches are more preferred over abdominal hysterectomies because of less pain and faster healing for patients. Hospital stays are less than one day. Dr. Kratz performed the first LSH and TLH procedures in Springfield, Branson, and Bolivar and currently has virtually a 100% laparoscopy rate compared to the national rate of only 25%.
Undergraduate – Wichita State University
Medical School – University of Kansas School of Medicine
Residency – University of Kansas School of Medicine – Wichita
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1994
- Minimally invasive gynecologic procedures
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH)
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy (LSH)
- Operative Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Bladeless Sterilization – Essure
- Outpatient Sling Surgery for Urinary Incontinence
- Married (Sherrie) with four children
- Interests include family, lake activities, hunting, and classic cars.